Olympus by Netsync
Securing campuses through synchronization, automation and simple management.
Sadly, school campuses are increasingly the site of physical security breaches and violence. Since the tragic, 1999 school shooting at Columbine High School…
- There have been over 250 school shootings involving grades K through 12.
- Over 200,000 students have experienced a school shooting.
- There have been almost 400 deaths and injuries.
- Thirty-six (36) states have experienced a school shooting.
- In 2019 alone, there were over 45 school shootings, the highest number of school shootings in history.
- And Texas is second only to California for having experienced the most.
While legislators, parents and educators agree that more robust measures are needed to safeguard students, disagreements persist over which tactics will offer the greatest success. However, somebody needed to step up to the plate and do something. Netsync did with Olympus.
For over 20 years, Netsync has been the go-to technology provider for school districts. We’re committed to introducing technology that improves school safety and enhances the learning environment. Our Olympus solution is a comprehensive tool for coordinating existing physical security measures and alert systems, and creates a more effective campus monitoring protocol.
With real-time monitoring and emergency response reporting, Olympus enables immediate deployment to developing crises. By aggregating alerts from various notification and telecommunication systems, Olympus relays emergency messages automatically, permitting more effective sharing of key metrics by discrete platforms. It’s a better way to marshal a school’s defenses and gives administrators and campus security personnel better tools to protect students.